Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)



Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, May 9, 2007

The Dishwasher Saga

A happy ending to The Dishwasher Saga part 1, part 2, part 3, part 4, part 5. Yesterday the installation company came back to complete the installation of my dishwasher. I had made an agreement with them that instead of compensating me for breaking my counter top while putting in my new dishwasher they would correctly install the counter top. I really did not know how much work I was asking them to do. They did and still agreed to do it. That was very kind of them. It took 3 guys 2 hours to do the job. It looks beautiful. The really cool thing is that for a LONG time my dishwasher has been working but wobbly in its socket and the counter has been suspended on top of the cabinets over 1" PVC pipe. So I could not keep any appliances on it, nor could I roll out anything on it. Also we had to be careful when we even walked by. Doing dishes was weird with the sink wiggling. The wall board over the sink is very torn up because I had some ceramic tiles that the kids had pained glued there and I had to rip them off. What a difference an inch makes. Last Christmas I wanted a new mixer and my sweet DH bought me a 5qt Kitchen Aid. I had asked for the 6qt, anyway if I had gotten the 6qt it would not fit on the counter now. I took some pictures of the party they may show up here later.
So, I had this great dinner planned for last night...
We ended up eating pizza at the card table in the Family Room. It was an impromptu party. I even let the kids have pop.

No comments: