Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)



Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Saturday, November 10, 2007

Saturday Morning Cookies

I'm watching a child of mine make cookies. This cookie baking experience has been very amusing for me. The child making the cookies is very carefully measuring out the ingredients. They needed 3/4 of a cup of firmly packed brown sugar. It could not have been more packed if it wanted to be. Than, when the cup was not quite filled to the top I assured the child it was enough sugar anyway. The salt measuring was cute too. They needed 3/4 of a teaspoon of salt. A 1/4 measure was used but the salt was heaped up on the spoon. Now all the kids are tasting the batter to make sure it is good. I have the oven set to 350 degrees for my bread. Since the recipe says 375 for the cookies I told the child that just like the cookies would be fine with a not quite accurate sugar measurement or salt measurement it would also be fine with a not quite accurate oven temp.

1 comment:

EE said...

Care to send any to a starving college student? Kidding!

Sounds like they had a fun learning experience!