Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)



Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Thursday, March 29, 2007

Stained Glass Cake


This is the second stained glass cake. I made this one for a Monday pick up. This one was SO, SO, SO much easier than the last one. I figured out some tricks, like I made a pattern for the inside oval. You can't tell from this picture that the ovals are really almost perfect. Also this time I kept the gel warm so the whole thing is smooth. Oh you wanted the recipe for the gel. It is not exact because there is no exact recipe.

Piping Gel

1 C sugar
1 C water
some corn syrup
bring to a hard boil and boil for several minutes than add
3T corn starch dissolved in 4T water
stir and stir and stir and stir with a flat bottomed spatula
let almost cool and use

I dipped some into snack sized zip bags, put in some color and mushed it around. Than I cut off the tip and use it.

No comments: