Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)



Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Thursday, March 13, 2008

Crackers

I have the most amazing book. It's The Bread Bakers Apprentice by Peter Reinhart. This week I baked crackers using his recipe. Well mostly using his recipe. I used active dry yeast because that is what I had and I rolled out the crackers with the noodle machine. They were amazing!








Oh, you wanted the recipe...

With credit given here it is:
1 1/2 C bread flour
1/2 t salt
1/2t instant yeast (I used active dry)
1T vegetable oil
1T honey
1/3 to 1/2 C water

350 degrees, roll out to 12" x 15" and bake 15 to 20 minutes. I rolled it WAY thinner than that and baked them for 7 minutes. I made slices with a pizza cutter misted them with water and sprinkled sea salt on them. Ibaked them on parchment.
I can't believe how good they are.

No comments: