Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)



Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Monday, February 18, 2008

The Death of the Range

Well if your going to die you may as well go out in style and with a bang. That is just how my range died a very dramatic death today. First it started sparking than the baking element in the oven started looking like a blow torch and sizzling. It was slowly burning in a spiral pattern around the element. We turned the oven off, but it kept burning, and burning, and burning. Very impressive! Anyway we than pulled the oven out and unplugged it. Finally it started slowing down and finally went out. Half of the element is very impressive pattern burned into it. I was thinking eventually I'd save up some money and buy a wolf range with 30,000 btu's. Well, it's not going to happen here anytime soon so I will be having this one delivered on Friday. I wondered if it was a good idea to have a touch screen oven, but I LOVE the blue interior. I also like the bottom not having an element visible to drip things on. Oh, Happy Day! We are getting a new oven. Until than I will be cooking in the microwave and on the pancake griddle.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Still so cool you are getting a convection oven! I am so tickled for you since you do so much baking! Can't wait to see it and hear your stories!