Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)



Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Black and White

I've been looking around for some inspiration. I made this quilt a couple of years ago. I named it black and white. I was involved in an art quilt project called humm, I think it was the quilt journal project? It's been a while, anyway the idea was each month I was supposed to make a quilt size 8.5 x 11". On each quilt I was to learn a new technique or try something I had not tried before. I got 4 quilts made, before I fell off the 'I'm not depressed wagon.' I want to get back to trying more arty stuff. I'm done making costumes for the week except for the Ben 10 shirts and I can't find the black fabric I washed to make them with.

6 comments:

Mel said...

How pretty! I taught myself to quilt, using that technique where every square you learn something new . . . and then abandoned the whole project, oh, about 15 years ago. (My kids are 14, 9, 4.)

I'd love to quilt again, though.

Marye said...

awesome!

mom said...

Marla, once again I marvel at your creativity!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

Marye said...

oh..marla...by the way..I tagged you at http://frozen-music.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you are back to quilting and being creative. You have such talent and do incredible quilts....can't wait to see what you make next!!

Simply Jenn said...

That quilt is beautiful. I don't think I could ever do that.